1. When was the first time you starting playing music?
Though I’ve owned a guitar for years, performing with it never became a desire until the boredom inflicted from my first real job after high school drove me to explore the open mic scene in the city. I was a fresh 18 and as ignorant as could be. I was awful at first, but I loved it.
2. Who inspired you to do so?
Both the boredom and a good friend who recommend the Open Mic.
3. When did you first start taking music as a profession?
After the timing of the Stampede Talent Show forcing me to quit my job due to time conflicts, the success of the event offered the attention I needed to start a little career.
4. What was it like winning the talent contest, how did you get in and what happened when you won?
After having to spend the previous night sleeping on the streets winning the contest took my emotions to the other end of the spectrum. It felt extremely surreal, mostly due to the other talents I was surrounded by. The 3rd place recipient had been an old friend and had mentioned the contest months before. Thanks to some of the people who had taken care of me during the week, I decided to donate the $10,000 prize purse to Calgary’s Homeless Shelter.
5. Where do you wanna see your self in this music industry in 5 years? What are your goals?
Within 5 years, I hope to have extended a fan base across my own continent.
6. What do you write your songs about?
Everything from sweatpants to funerals.
7. How does the process of making a song happen for you?
My favorite method is finding a catchy melody and merging it with a universally relatable concepts. The tough part is taking a subject everyone can relate to and reinventing it, avoiding the cliché and unremarkable lines.
8. Tell us something we don’t know about you.
My mother knows everything about Isis.
9. Who are your favorite bands?
The Wombats and Scott Helman.
10. What’s your life like now? Are you doing music full-time now?
Life can’t seem to make its mind up. Some days are as laid back as they could possibly be while others are almost as insane as I am. Playing music full-time has left my schedule looking as messy as my room.
11. What is your music style would you say in your words.
Since I’ve thrived off of cover contests and musical competitions, I have yet to produce a record and determine my niche, but I’m expecting it to be a very acoustic/pop oriented sound.
12. What’s your favorite cover to play?
Budapest – George Ezra
13. What is your favorite food and your style?
I love any type of seafood.
14. Where can we find you on social media?
My website, christianhudsonmusic.com, has links to my Facebook page: Christian Hudson, https://www.facebook.com/ChristianHudsonMusic/?fref=ts my twitter, and Instagram.