- What did you want to do for a career when you were a kid?
- What is your true passion in life?
To help people.
- What do you do when you’re not working on films?
Work at a full time job, volunteer for multiple organizations, work some of the Edmonton Eskimo games, go out for dinner, movies, and live music with friends, fundraisers, and go on as many road trips as I can to see family and friends.
- What projects have you been a part of?
The Cougars Cooking Show
I’m Here With Magazine
- You have been an Executive Producer for a few projects in Calgary, which ones?
The Cougars Cooking Show – Executive Producer
Calico – Producer
Tailgate Cooking – Producer
Faith – Producer
- How did you get into film?
Saw a casting call for background for “Christmas in Wonderland”. It was at West Edmonton Mall. I went 4 days. Shortly after on the radio they were asking for people to come to Fort Edmonton Park for a music video, which I also did. I knew that I loved doing the movie and the music video. My Sister lives in Cochrane, and noticed an advertisement in her local paper about getting to be in the background on TV Shows, Movies, and Commercials. I decided to join the agency, and began my journey of doing background performing in the Calgary area.
- What would you like to accomplish this year?
I would love to get more background roles and even roles with one or two lines. I would be interested in taking on any roles that I would qualify for behind the scenes on set. I would like to support local talent by volunteering or by funding at any time that I would have any extra money.
- What do you have coming up in your life?
I do not have any projects or background booked at this time. I have had a crooked leg for 11 years and am getting a much needed knee replacement in May, 2016. My focus will be on healing from the surgery. After that, I hope to be back in background and in the film industry as soon as possible.
- How do you stay fit?!
With two painful knees’ it is a bit of a challenge. However, I walk and go up and down the stairs as much as I can.
- What do you do when you aren’t working for fun?
Go out to listen to live music, movies, live theatre, volunteer, road trips, fundraisers, sporting events, travel, and spending time with family and friends.
- How can people follow you on social media?
IMBD Donna Rost